Menifee Military Banners
City of Menifee Military Banner Program
The City of Menifee Military Banner Program was established in 2012 to honor and recognize hometown active duty member of the United States Armed Forces and Veterans.
Banners will display the official military photo of the service person, as well as their name and branch of the United States Armed Forces. The cost of each banner is $135, which includes the banner and installation. The City program covers the cost of all bracketing and hardware.
Military Banner Program Application/Brochure
To qualify for the Military Banner Program, the following criteria must be met:
- The honoree is currently serving as an active duty member of the United States Armed Forces or is a Retired Veteran
- Currently residing in Menifee or have an immediate family member residing in Menifee (parent, spouse, sibling, son or daughter)
Applications will be accepted on a year round, first come, first served basis. Military Banner are installed on a first come, first serve basis at available locations in the designated displays areas (Newport Road, Menifee Road, Sun City Blvd, Cherry Hills Blvd, and Murrieta Road).
Applications must include the following:
- A minimum 5x7 photo (color or black/white) of the service person in his/her uniform (but not necessary) with a resolution of 300 dpi or higher of an official military photo of the honoree. Please note, scanned images usually do not turn out well and can result in a pixelated or distorted printed image on the banner.
- Verification of military status (DD-214, military ID, or paperwork)
- Proof of residency (copy of a utility bill or drivers license with applicants name)
Deadlines for application submissions are:
Banners going up for Memorial Day - March 31
Banners going up for Veterans Day - August 31