Legislation HSC 115800 requires protective equipment in government-run skate park. For more information on the legislation, click here.
If you notice violations of posted ordinance or code of conduct, please contact: Park Ranger hotline at 951-723-3888
13.01.100 Designated Skateboarding Area Rules
The following regulations shall apply to any facility, park or other area designated by the City by resolution as a skateboarding area:
1. No person shall skate, skateboard, or ride a bicycle at times other than the established hours of operation. The hours of operation shall be established by the City Manager or his/her designee and are to be posted by City. No person shall use or remain in facility in violation of this section without written consent of the City.
2. No person shall use the skateboarding areas for uses other than skateboarding, in-line skating, hard wheel scooters, and bicycles.
3. No person shall use the skateboarding areas unless proper safety equipment including a helmet, elbow pads, and knee pads are worn. All such gear must be functional and protective, properly sized and designed for their intended use at the skateboarding areas.
4. Every person under the age of twelve must be supervised by an adult.
5. Session times will be established for skating and biking activities separately. Skateboarding, in-line skating, and hard wheel scooters will be allowed in the skateboarding area at the same time.
6. No person shall use alcohol or drugs in the skateboarding area.
7. All persons using the skateboarding area must place trash in cans provided by the City or such persons shall be removed from the designated skateboarding areas.
8. No person shall cause graffiti or tagging at or near the skateboarding areas.
9. No person shall skate, ride a skateboard, bicycle or other wheeled scooter on the curbs, sidewalks, fences, railings and/or driveways of the City owned area surrounding the skateboarding area.
10. All persons using facility will adhere to park capacity rules.
B. Violations and Penalties. Violations of any provisions of this section is deemed to be an infraction and is punishable as such according to the provisions of this Code and state law, and as adopted by City Council through resolution.