Community Resources

Tips for staying cool during rising temperatures

Tax Filing

Summer Lunch Programs for Kids

Department of Public Social Services 

  • The State of California has expanded benefits and eased the application process for CalFresh, CalWORKs and Medi-Cal to those who are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
    • CalFresh provides low-income households with assistance to purchase food at most grocery stores. CalFresh benefits are issued on an electronic benefit transfer (EBT), which is very similar to an ATM card. An application for cash and food services can be done online at or by calling 877-410-8827.
    • CalWORKs provides cash aid, along with Medi-Cal, CalFresh and services including housing support, to eligible families with children. Generally, services are available to families with children who have been deprived of parental support or care because of the absence, disability or death of either parent. Families with children may be eligible when both parents are in the home, but the principal earner is unemployed. An application for cash and food services can be done online at or by calling 877-410-8827.
    • Medi-Cal allows low-income residents to gain access to health care, dental and medical services. An application for Health Care assistance can be done online at Note: the additional $600 weekly unemployment benefit offered by the state is not currently being counted as income for Medi-Cal eligibility.
  • Caregiver/ Senior Resources
    • The Inland Caregiver Resource Center (ICRC) is a non-profit organization and part of the statewide system of Caregiver Resource Centers in the State of California. This organization helps families, friends, and the community manage the challenges of caregiving and offers some supportive services to adults over the age of 60 and older who are living alone. One of their programs is called PEARLS, which stands for Program to Encourage Active and Rewarding Lives in Seniors.
    • PEARLS uses three elements – problem solving, physical activity and pleasant activity scheduling – to empower participants, reduce depression and improve overall quality of life. 
    • PEARLS is now being offered virtually for free to seniors over the age of 60 who live in Riverside County. Please call 800-675-6694 or visit for details.
  • Rental/Housing Assistance
    • All renters in the County of Riverside who meet the eligibility requirements may receive one-time rental assistance under the United Lift Rental Assistance Program. Eligible households can receive up to $3,500 to cover past due rent from the months of April through November. Funds are paid directly to the landlord. Please review the FAQ at for a description of eligibility. 
    • Rental assistance application available at: