- City Services
- City Departments
- Community Development
- Quail Valley Moratorium
Quail Valley Moratorium
In 2005 The Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Board placed a moratorium on septic systems in the Quail Valley area due to failing septic tanks contaminating Canyon Lake. The moratorium states that no new septic systems can be installed in the Quail Valley Community until two areas of the community receive sewer.
The Eastern Municipal Water District recently completed the installation of sewer in a portion of sub-area 9 of Quail Valley. The moratorium was then re-assessed by the Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Board. On September 14, 2020, the Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Board passed an amendment to the Quail Valley Moratorium. The information below will offer an insight to which properties will be able to be built on (with approval from Riverside County Environmental Health and City of Menifee) and which will still be restricted by the moratorium.
For properties located in sub-areas 4 and 9 (see map below), new septic tanks are still prohibited and will require connection to sewer before development can be permitted on residential zoned properties.
For properties in sub-areas 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, and 8 (see map below), the following conditions will need to be met in order to begin development of residential zoned properties:
- The septic system is in sub-areas 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, and 8.
- There is no available sanitary sewer service to serve the parcel, and
- The system meets the conditions and requirements of (1) an applicable, approved Local Agency Management Program (LAMP), or (2) if there is no applicable LAMP approved at the time the system is to be installed, Tier 1 of the Onsite Wastewater Treatment System Policy.
Please contact Riverside County Environmental Health to determine if you are able to comply with the above requirements. More information about this amendment to the Quail Valley Moratorium can also be found at the Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Board website.
Zoning information for these properties can be found using the following links:
- Quail Valley Amendment Approval from the Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Board
- Eastern Municipal Water District Sewer information