Accela Citizen Access
The Accela Citizen Access (ACA), provides residents, contractors, developers, and visitors access to some permitting services online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week is now fully operational. Capabilities of this portal include the following:
- Searching for building permits
- Scheduling inspections, view inspection results
- Submitting and paying for building applications for the following permit types:
- Commercial Re-Roofs
- Residential Re-Roofs
- Residential HVAC Systems
- Residential Water Heaters
- Residential Solar Systems, ESS and SolarAPP+ automated permits
Only projects that conform with SolarApp+ requirements are eligible to use the automated instant permitting. Visit https://solarapp.nrel.gov
1.Submit for automated review through SolarAPP+
- Register and submit through the SolarAPP+ Webpage.
- A processing fee will be charged by SolarAPP+ for plan review. A checklist will be generated when approved. See inspection checklist sample.
2. Apply for Solar Permit.
- Create an account and log in to Accela Citizen Access.
- Select "Building Permits", then "Apply for Permit". Select "Solar Residential"
- Include the SolarAPP+ ID as the project name. Follow the guide to process an instant solar permit.
- Upload the Solarapp+ inspection checklist to ACA permit.
- Solar inspections shall be scheduled through Accela Citizen Access.
- Two inspections per solar company can be accommodated per day.
- Field solar representative shall verify the inspection checklist and signed the document confirming completion prior to inspection.
- See how to schedule an inspection
- Permit, SolarApp+ approved inspection checklist and specifications must be printed for inspection.
- A reinspection will be applied if work is not ready or if revisions are not completed via SolarApp+.
- To cancel inspection the day of send email, or call Building Department (951) 672-6777.
- Revision can be processed on the field prior to the inspection. The revised SolarAPP+ approved documents are required to be uploaded to the permit on Accela Citizen Access.