Building & Safety Department

Please note, the City of Menifee City Hall is closed to the public until further notice due to the latest orders by the Riverside County Public Health Official in an effort to stem the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, City Hall will be open for business virtually.

The Building & Safety Department is committed to maintaining continuity of City services, and will be offering select services online and by phone. Please see below for more details, or visit our Virtual City Services webpage.

All previously scheduled meetings/appointments will be rescheduled, conducted via phone, or video conference. Staff will be in contact to provide necessary meeting details for reschedule meetings/calls.

All fees will be invoiced and provided electronically to the Applicant. Payments will only be accepted by credit card or a Trust Account (requires activation). For credit card payments, please call (951) 723-3883 to speak with our cashier. For more information, contact Wendy Preece at (951) 723-3714 or

All walk-in services are suspended. If hard copies are required, these will only be accepted by mail and be processed electronically. Please note that any submitted hard copy documents/plans will be placed in quarantine for 3 days before being processed/reviewed.

Please contact (951) 723-3877 or for more information.

  • Permits
Submit permit applications online. Incomplete applications will be emailed back. 
All solar plans will be submitted electronically to (no exceptions).
Permits, such as tracts and commercial permits, that require the "Permit Issuance Approval Form" must be included with permit submittals.  Staff will review along with other departments. Conditions of Approval not met will be identified and returned to the applicant.

  • Plans
Submit building plans electronically via email to or through cloud-based systems (i.e. Dropbox), or through flash-drives.
Please note that third party plan reviews are currently at a three (3) week turnaround for first-time submittals.
  • Plan Check Corrections
All corrections will be provided electronically via email. All correspondence will be conducted via the applicant.

  • Certificates of Occupancy
Project requiring Temporary Certificates of Occupancy (TCO) or Certificates of Occupancy (C of O) must submit a completed "Approval Form" via email. Staff will review along with other departments. Conditions of Approval not met will be identified and returned to the applicant. These will be mailed or sent electronically via email to the applicant.

Permit Issuance
Applicants must notify the Building & Safety department once all applicable fees have been paid. Upon receipt of this notification, the applicant will be provided the License Declaration via email.

Permits and plans may be picked up from City Hall by appointment only. To schedule a pick-up, call (951) 723-3877 or visit our Qless system online.

Field Inspections
Field Inspections will continue for all exterior and unoccupied dwelling units/construction. Interior inspections of mechanical/HVAC and water heaters may be conducted via video or submission of photos using a template. Please contact or (951) 723-3877 for more information on this process.
The Building & Safety Department oversees all building and construction within the City, including issuing building permits, plan check, inspections and providing assistance to citizens. It is our mission to provide quality services to protect life, health, property, and public welfare through an effective administration and regulation of the building codes.

Please use this site to access helpful information, download city handouts and find answers to frequently asked questions.

Construction Hours

Menifee Municipal Code Section 8.01.010, Hours of Construction states that any construction within the City limits located 1/4 of a mile from an occupied residence is permitted only Monday through Saturday, except on nationally recognized holidays, from 6:30am to 7:00pm.

Construction on Sunday or nationally recognized holidays are not permitted unless prior approval is obtained from the City Building Official or City Engineer.