On April 12, the City of Menifee City Hall will be open to the public Monday through Thursday, 9 am to 1pm. On Fridays, City Hall will be closed but available for business virtually.
The Engineering Department is committed to maintaining continuity of City services, and will be offering select services online and by phone. Please see below for more details, or visit our Virtual City Services webpage.
|MODIFIED VIRTUAL SERVICES|
In person meetings at City Hall may be scheduled when City Hall is open to the public. We encourage continued use of video/phone meetings.
All departments will continue to accept electronic submittals. Please see below for department-specific procedures. If hard copies are required, these will only be accepted by mail and when City Hall is open to the public. Submittals will only be accepted with an appropriate application attached. Please refer to the "Documents & Handouts" section to download and fill-out the appropriate application.
Engineering plans may be submitted electronically. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (951) 723-3719 for more information.
- Review and permitting for all land development maps and plans
- Processing of agreements with developers required to install public improvements as a condition of approval of their project
- Review of plans and specifications for the installation of public improvements
- Observation of all private development grading and public improvement construction
- Oversight of design and construction of public works projects funded by the city
- Coordination with other cities and regional agencies regarding new regional projects that may be of benefit to the city
- Oversight of the Landscape and Lighting Maintenance Districts (L&LMD), which maintains street lights, traffic signals, and storm water quality improvements in some locations of the city
Encroachment Permits are issued for any construction in the public right-of-way. Grading Permits are required for any grading or stockpiles on private property.
On January 29, 2010 the Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board (SARWQCB) issued a 4th-term area wide National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) and Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System Permit (MS4 Permit) to the City of Menifee and all Permittees.The Santa Ana MS4 Permit is for the portion of the Santa Ana River watershed located within Riverside County (Order No. R8-2010-0033, NPDES Permit No. CAS618033). The City of Menifee storm water programs are designed to ensure compliance with this permit. All design submittals and construction projects are required to conform to the permit requirements. All projects are to install Best Management Practices (BMPs) in compliance with the 2010 SARWQCB permit.
Landscape Lighting and Maintenance District (L&LMD)
The 1972 Act permits the formation of L&LMD No. 89-1-C, and annexation to said district, to finance the installation, maintenance, and servicing of landscaping, trails, fencing, irrigation, streetlights, traffic signals, bridge lights, graffiti abatement, bio-swales, and fossil filters through annual assessments on real property within the district. The annual assessment for each zone in the L&LMD No. 89-1-C is based on the estimated specific benefit to each parcel, Equivalent Dwelling Unit (EDU) or acre and not on property valuation.